About Face Dementia
Face Dementia aims to increase dementia help-seeking and diagnosis in Australia.
We are working towards this aim through a public help-seeking campaign, and improving detection, diagnosis and management in primary care.
The interventions will be tested in in Western Sydney, Western Victoria and Adelaide.
We will evaluate whether the public campaign and primary care practice change program implemented individually or jointly increases diagnosis and treatment.
Other chief investigators in the project include:
- A/Professor Lyn Phillipson, University of Wollongong
- Professor Kate Laver, Flinders University
- A/Professor Mark Yates, Deakin University
- Scientia Professor Henry Brodaty, University of New South Wales
- Professor Dimity Pond, University of Tasmania
- Professor Tracy Comans, University of Queensland
- Dr Meredith Gresham, University of Wollongong
- Ms Caroline Gibson, University of Newcastle
- Dr Liliana Laranjo, University of Sydney
- Dr Edwin Tan, University of Sydney
We are working alongside people living with dementia, carers, general practitioners, practice nurses and practice managers as well as primary healthcare networks.
Face Dementia is funded by the Australian Government’s Medical Research Future Fund.